This project offers training created by the New Hampshire Disability and Health Program and consist of two, separate courses:
These trainings are intended to educate, inform, and better prepare health care providers on best practices when working with or treating individuals with disabilities.
The MODHC project is targeting to reach a minimum of 100 providers across Missouri who represent the ethnic and racial diversity of Missouri’s population.
The training was created to increase awareness of:
- Health disparities and unique health needs among those with IDD/ML
- Communication barriers including patient-provider interaction and etiquette
- Physical barriers, including accessible, medical diagnostic equipment and facility assessments
- The training was created by New Hampshire – Disability Health Program (DHP).
How to Get Involved
- Share this flyer promoting free training for reach health care providers, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, others who provide care or work in health care. The training is:
- Focused on “Providing Health Care and Screenings to Individuals with Disabilities” and “Accessible and Adaptive Communication”
- 100% accessible online
- Eligible to earn 1.5 CME credits
- Self-paced/on demand courses